quesI sent a love letter and girl called 100, she want to take case back.

I sent a love letter to a girl saying I liked her and liked to call her parents and visit her parents. She called 100, saying she thought I was a psycho. A case has been registered. She later told my brother that she got afraid by the letter and now didn't want to pursue the case. I think, I shall be discharged later. But can I prevent the court from framing a charge. The police has submitted a charge sheet and I am on bail. Should I bring her in court and get my case dismissed before the case starts formally as this will save my career.

  • ansFile a joint petition for quashing of the FIR before the Delhi High Court under Section 482 of the Criminal Procedure Code on the basis that the matter has been settled between you and the girl. That will solve your problem.

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India, Delhi

  • ansYou have not mentioned the sections/provisions under which you are being prosecuted for proper advice if the offences are compoundable you are likely to be discharge after recording the statement of the girl.

    Advocate Ashok Kumar Jha

      Mayur Vihar 1, Delhi

  • ansHi,

    Don't worry.. Going by what you have explained and If the girl is ready then a quashing petition in the high court can be filed and the girl would need to appear before the High Court and this would finish everything for one and all...

    Advocate Ankur Aggarwal

      Uday Park, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

I reside in odisha state .l m landlord my eviction case is going on in…
my sister in law has affair with unknown lady. we wanted to get rid of…
My cousin sister and her family are facing problems from her husband. My cousin does…
hi. i am accused here. My wife filed 498a based on a private application in…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

 Experience: 17 years

View all >>