I asked an agent to clear my 12 exam. He provided me fake marksheets.

When i was in 12th. The agent promised to clear my CBSE exam, but later on i failed the exam. Then he said he can get it cleared from MP board for which he provided me the documents from MP board. Then i got admission in college. Then i verified my documents it came out to fake. Can i file a case against the agent

Answers (3)

344 votes

The issue of fake mark sheets is getting people in jail for offences of cheating and forgery. from what you have told, this issue can also get you in trouble as you misrepresented to the University by bringing fake documents. From what you are describing, you paid to the agent to get your exam cleared. A contract to do something illegal is a void contract and raking up this matter might get you and the agent both into a trouble.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

261 votes

On the basis of facts,as stated by you, from very begining you are aware that promises made by agent is illegal as you know very well you can not purchase 12th certificate from market. so if you. open your case against agent you are also likely to be involved in the same. you can not initiate criminal cases without implicating yourself.
off-course you can laid trap, and implicate him in criminal cases and save others unsuspecting people from being cheated .

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
288 votes


Going by what you have stated, am of the view that you can very well file a case of cheating and forgery against the agent. Though it is not detailed by you about the place of agent but still you can file a case against him in Delhi.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles