Husband's address to ministry of eternal affairs for summons hearing

I have a 498A against my husband who has been in US. The court wants me to provide and address for ministry of external affairs where they can send letter asking my husband to be present for hearings. I need guidance on what address to provide to the court? They have my husbands last known address but want the ministry address as well so that letter can be sent through ministry.

Answers (3)

314 votes

The case of 498A filed by you can be of any use only when your husband will appear in court.
Now you have filed the case but your husband who is in USA cannot know about it unless he is served with the notice or summon of the proceedings of the case.
Therefore Court wants to know the address of USA of your husband where notice can be served.
You can ask one of his colleagues where he lives in USA . Or you can give the company address where he works.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

135 votes

First 498A says that husband and relative of husband of a woman subjecting her to cruelty. First you tell to court ask to his parents they come in the Court they will tell about your husband present address you make sure that they also a partie in the case then he will come.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
329 votes

well, you need to provide the address of the ministry of external affairs of that particular state where your husband is presently living as well as his current address .
lets assume for the sake of example that your husband lives in Boston; then you will have to provide his address in the state of Massachusetts and also that of the the ministry of external affairs relevant to the state of Massachusetts for Boston city, so that the same is served on him via official means from the ministry here to the concerned ministry there and then from there to your husband.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles