How can I prevent husband to transfer his property during DV case?

My marriage was done in January 2009 and my husband has owned purchase flat after marriage. I am filing DV case in 2016. We have 7 years old boy staying with me. My question is that can he make gift deed of flat and transfer to his relative.? Flat is purchased through home loan. What can I do to stop this gift deed?

Answers (3)

117 votes

As per your query

If the flat is purchased by your husband and if he is paying the installments of the same is the owner of the said flat and he has the right to transfer it to any person he wishes, subject to NOC from the Bank.

You can move an application in the court for providing shelter and restraining him to sell the said flat.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

286 votes

immediately get a stay on the property by filing civil case u can get stay on the property on one day and send that copy to Ragistry office and newspaper for paper publication and also file other cases like CRPC 125

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
268 votes

You can demand maintenance in D.V. From your husband by showing documents that he is owner of the flat. That you can file petition for partition against and demand your share in the flat by filing such petition and in the same petition you can take stay

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles