High court ordered to quash FIR and also imposed fine of 1 lac. Remedy

Wife has filed a case of 308 IPC against me. FIR was registered. I applied for anticipatory bail and got that. Then compromise was reached. Thereafter i applied for FIR quashing in High Court. The High court ordered the quashing of the FIR but imposed a fine of 1 lac rupees. What should we do?

Answers (2)

331 votes

it necessary is crime which come in rigorous so that at the time of quashing the high court impose the coat for the police who did all this in that at the time of investigation that why high court impose penalty and if you want the money be less or remove you can file review in high court at the chief justice whta reason you think fit.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

244 votes

You will need to appeal the order or file for a review or revision for the same. I am doubtful that the amount was by way of a fine and more in the nature of costs. Costs are required to be reasonable and not by way of penalty. The order needs to be challenged in part.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles