harassed family in public can defamation case be filed

In Criminal Law
i helped some people to get job in malaysia, now am in malaysia, they paid some amount to company, but they put the money to my friend account after they reached here he ll give their money to their hand and they directly paid company, but they said lot of stories and ran away from company they aleady received their 4 months salary around 40000 indian rupee every month, yesterday they went to my house and ask money to my parents they said i dont know who you people are you dont have any recipt to paid money to my daughter, if you paid also why are you asing to me like that, immedieately they shouted infront of my house and talking badly about my mom and they called my brother as son of bitch, they said very badly about my chararcter they said my mom earn money by sending me to prostitution and am also living some one in malaysia like that they totally spoiled our reputation infront of my street people, my mother attempt suicide, shall i file a defamation case against them?

Answers (1)

70 votes

Yes you can file a case for defamation under section 499 of IPC. Also, you can register a FIR against them under section 354 of IPC for outraging the modesty. Also, they can be charged for criminal intimidation under section 506 of IPC.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at lawrato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at lawrato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at lawrato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"lawrato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles