harassed family in public can defamation case be filed

i helped some people to get job in malaysia, now am in malaysia, they paid some amount to company, but they put the money to my friend account after they reached here he ll give their money to their hand and they directly paid company, but they said lot of stories and ran away from company they aleady received their 4 months salary around 40000 indian rupee every month, yesterday they went to my house and ask money to my parents they said i dont know who you people are you dont have any recipt to paid money to my daughter, if you paid also why are you asing to me like that, immedieately they shouted infront of my house and talking badly about my mom and they called my brother as son of bitch, they said very badly about my chararcter they said my mom earn money by sending me to prostitution and am also living some one in malaysia like that they totally spoiled our reputation infront of my street people, my mother attempt suicide, shall i file a defamation case against them?

Yes you can file a case for defamation under section 499 of IPC. Also, you can register a FIR against them under section 354 of IPC for outraging the modesty. Also, they can be charged for criminal intimidation under section 506 of IPC.