Girl threatening to file for sexual harassment case against me

Respected Sir, A girl is about to do complaint against me for sexual harassment case. Sir! I m feeling so much fear. If I may do surrender in front of police with my FIR then shall I get any benefit?

Answers (3)

You are saying that a girl is about to do complaint, this means, she has not yet done the complaint. Then, there is no question of surrender. You can surrender only after registration of FIR.

And if, any FIR is registered by the Police, let the Police approach you. This will not mean absconding.

When the Police is in search of a person in relation to a crime allegedly committed by him, and the person hides himself or escapes to save himself from being arrested, he will be said to have been absconded.

But, if you do nothing to hide yourself or you do not escape anywhere, and remain at the places you usually would be, and the Police approaches you to arrest you, and you cooperate the Police for your arrest, doing all this will be a normal course of action for you. You can apply for bail thereafter and defend the case.

Approaching the Police on knowing that a girl is about to file complaint against you, is not a wise man's action! This will not give you any guaranteed benefit.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dont surrender to police first u come to my office and file anticipatory bail application to session court .court can be consider ur bail application so u should file anticipatory bail application after file

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

There is no need for you to surrender in front of Police, as it will be of no benefit. If she has logged the FIR then immediately move to the court for anticipatory bail. However, I would request you to kindly visit my office for the better understanding of your case.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

some miscreants trespassed our site and wanted us to vacant our site how ever we didn't with the help of neighbors.a lady from their side self har…

Read More

My husband file 494 case in may10 in the court. Then forward the case to the police station and file fir june 10th. and enqury also complet, but polic…

Read More

I run out of petrol and parked bike locked near to our locality... I went away to my home town came back no motorcycle... How to find if bike is impou…

Read More

A false fir registered against me .I submitted proofs to prove that such fir not true through higher officials. Now what do.can I go to court against …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue