Girl threatening to file for sexual harassment case against me

Respected Sir, A girl is about to do complaint against me for sexual harassment case. Sir! I m feeling so much fear. If I may do surrender in front of police with my FIR then shall I get any benefit?

You are saying that a girl is about to do complaint, this means, she has not yet done the complaint. Then, there is no question of surrender. You can surrender only after registration of FIR.

And if, any FIR is registered by the Police, let the Police approach you. This will not mean absconding.

When the Police is in search of a person in relation to a crime allegedly committed by him, and the person hides himself or escapes to save himself from being arrested, he will be said to have been absconded.

But, if you do nothing to hide yourself or you do not escape anywhere, and remain at the places you usually would be, and the Police approaches you to arrest you, and you cooperate the Police for your arrest, doing all this will be a normal course of action for you. You can apply for bail thereafter and defend the case.

Approaching the Police on knowing that a girl is about to file complaint against you, is not a wise man's action! This will not give you any guaranteed benefit.

Dont surrender to police first u come to my office and file anticipatory bail application to session court .court can be consider ur bail application so u should file anticipatory bail application after file

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari

There is no need for you to surrender in front of Police, as it will be of no benefit. If she has logged the FIR then immediately move to the court for anticipatory bail. However, I would request you to kindly visit my office for the better understanding of your case.