Forgery in affidavit. What consequences on the job?

The wife, who is in the service of Government of Gujarat after purchasing a Non - judicial Stamp Paper went to Notary Public. There a document is created, in which facts are stated about her marriage with her husband on such a date and further stated that after that marriage, her maiden name was changed from so and so to so and so. The contents are truly stated. But, the wife has forged the signature of the husband, without his knowledge and consent. Whether the said act of wife tenamount to a "forgery", particularly, punishable under Indian Penal Code. What is impact on her service.

Answers (2)

215 votes

No, she has not committed forgery.
As per Indian penal code section 463 Forgery.--

Whoever makes any false document or part of a document with intent to cause damage or injury, to the public or to any person, or to support any claim or title, or to cause any person to part with property, or to enter into any express or implied contract, or with intent to commit fraud or that fraud may be committed, commits forgery.
Her intention is not cause a injury or damage to her husband.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

231 votes

Yes this act is a criminal offence and whenever a goverment servant is charged with an offence he/she is automatically suspended with half pay and departmental inquiry is inititated against such person.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles