Forged signature in affidavit & submitted to regional passport office

If someone forges signature in an affidavit and submits it to the Regional Passport Office, Bangalore and gets the passport. What is the process is exposing such an act and what is the time frame and punishment for such an act.

Hi....if any one forges the document for getting passport then definitely he will be prosecuted for his act under indian penal code and also his passport will be canceled and confisicated.
Thank you

1. It leads to cheating, forgery, criminal intimidation, breach of trust ... etc.

2. IF THE ACTS ARE PROVED then the accused can be punished maximum of 10 years.

3. The time frame is totally based on the investigating officer to gather evidence and submit the charge sheet in court.