Filing of revision petition against dismissal of complaint u/s 203 IPC

A person in 2009 registered an FIR against me and after few days compromise the matter & registered the sale deed in my favour so police prepared cancellation report but keeps the hold with them. Complainant's son filed private complaint on same matter where his father did not deposed as witness, and the complaint dismissed on 2016 u/s 203. Later on in connivance with police he got reopened the state case and appeared as complainant l/O his late father. He also filed revision petition against dismissal of his private complaint. Now I am facing both case so advice me what should I do, whereas now I am the owner of the disputed property.

Answers (3)

61 votes

take your compromise and sale deep with you and appear before the court and say that they prepared the cancelation of fir but not given the copy of the same this case filed are for playing and harassing you without any reason

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

146 votes

U need to challenge the proceedings before the High Court by way of filing a quashing petition. Before approaching the high court you can also file an application for discharge by bringing the facts to the knowledge of the trial court.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
115 votes

Hey, you should file quashing of the FIR Which was previously registered against you by Father before Hon'ble High Court, in case police is still harassing you in that FIR. Secondly, contest the revision filed by the Son against dismissal order. You can argue double jeopardy along with other agreements on merits as second complaint on same set of facts is not maintainable. Where has he filed the revision? Before Sessions Court or High Court?

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles