Filed FIR on receiving abusive language on facebook is my data safe

I live in Uttar Pradesh. Recently I lodged an FIR against an unknown person who sent me abusive messages on facebook.But now I am scared! Because you know how UP police treats girls. I fear they might ask for my account's password in the name of investigation. I am committed to a man outside my caste and there are personal messages. UP police also acts as moral police and there are high chances of them interrogating me instead and tell my parents. Apart from my relationship which I will bring out in the next 2 years, I have nothing to hide.Does the police has the right to go through MY accnt.

Answers (2)

335 votes

In case you have filed an FIR, the police can surely ask for your account details for investigating the matter, otherwise they will not be able to find out the details of the person against whom you have complained. As a part of the investigation, your statement will also have to be recorded. I don't think there is any reason for you to be afraid in case there isn't any thing that you want to hide.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

330 votes

Dear owner as I can understand that u r in relationship with person nd u both have shared personal intimate messages on facebook...and there is a other guy who has posted abusive remarks on ur fb.. yes police will investigate into all details nd depends how they will relate both issues ... as they will be transparent to both the parties... Kindly engage lawyer to facilitate and represent urself for the above case.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles