False criminal case filed against me

Few days back when I was on my way back from my office, I saw two people quarrelling with each other over bumping into each other’s car. I tried to be the peacemaker to sort the fight, but one of them hit me twice. I shouted at him and left. The person has now filed a case against me under section 323 of IPC, i.e. voluntarily causing hurt. What should I do?

First find out, under what provision of law is the complaint is filed. Take an anticipatory bail and then challenge when it comes for trial on the basis of merits on your side.  If a person files a false cognizable complaint (FIR) against someone, police will have to register the case and take up investigation. If the complaint is found to be false, under sec 173 Crpc, police will send a report to the court as maliciously false complaint and court will decide if a counter case has to be registered against the complainant.