False criminal case filed against me

Few days back when I was on my way back from my office, I saw two people quarrelling with each other over bumping into each other’s car. I tried to be the peacemaker to sort the fight, but one of them hit me twice. I shouted at him and left. The person has now filed a case against me under section 323 of IPC, i.e. voluntarily causing hurt. What should I do?

Answers (1)

68 votes
First find out, under what provision of law is the complaint is filed. Take an anticipatory bail and then challenge when it comes for trial on the basis of merits on your side.  If a person files a false cognizable complaint (FIR) against someone, police will have to register the case and take up investigation. If the complaint is found to be false, under sec 173 Crpc, police will send a report to the court as maliciously false complaint and court will decide if a counter case has to be registered against the complainant.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi sir , I have a girl friend and we are in a relationship for 5 years . We knew that our parents won't agree so decided not to go against them an…

Read More

Hello One person has robbed my money using online fraud And not willing to pay back to me and then i got frustrated and i had spread false news about …

Read More

my husband is in the contact with another women and if i told him he abuse me and hit me he always fight with me. i have also proof that the blame i d…

Read More

My 16 year old maid has registered an FIR against me that I have been raping her repeatedly since past two months. I have some circumstantial evidence…

Read More