Fake FIR filed against family for case charged u/s 307 & 454 of IPC

9 months back a fake fir was lodged against one of our family members under ipc 307 and 454. Neither any reality existed nor any evidence nor any witness existed. Police did not initiate any investigation nor contacted us. Nothing was done by police for last 9 months. Once when we were called by police their Munshi Ji updated that it is a baseless case and we will close it. Now after 9 months of this fake fir someone from a different police station is calling him to get bail regarding said fir. What is legal status of fir shall we go for bail or not. ASI even yet has neither investigated case nor submitted any investigation report.

Answers (1)

96 votes

Read your query, and my advice to you is , you can file an application for calling of status report of the FIR logged againt you or family member in the concerned court , the court will call the status report of the case and you will get to know the real status of your case , second if any police officer is calling you in some case in a police station , you again have a right to file anticipatory bail application in the concerned court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles