Does IMEI no remain blacklisted after FIR is withdrawn?

My phone was stolen and I filed an FIR with the imei no. Now it has been over 6 months. I have now decided to withdraw the fir. If the thief decides to use the phone sometime after I have withdrawn the fir,(say after another 6 months) what will happen? Will the IMEI still be blacklisted by Airtel etc and therefore he will get caught? OR will the imei be removed from blacklist as soon as I withdraw? Thank you.

SIR
withdrawal of FIR is solely discretion of you and it is between you and police authority. it never be intimated to AIRTEL except you. hence it is not necessary to worry about the removal of IMEI no from the blacklist by the network provider.