Complaint by girlfriend that boyfriend is harassing her to marry him

Dear sir I want to say that I had a relation with a girl for 3 year since 2015 with consent of girl.I told the girl that I would marry you she did not object my proposal and used to come in my room to meet me..she always tells me that she loves me very much and can not live without me she talks me 4 hr per day she complained police station that she does not know me and I m harassing her for marriage.....what can I do sir I love her very much.....

Answers (1)

275 votes

This practice of filing frivolous cases is becoming common day by day.
This goes without saying that you cannot marry her without her consent.
As far as the issue of complaint at the police authorities is concerned, we need to know if the FIR has been registered against you.
If the FIR is registered against you, you can always go for quashing of FIR before the High court under section 482 Cr.P.C. By this, the entire proceedings (FIR and investigation) may be quashed (ended) by the High court.
You must also apply for an anticipatory bail in this matter as the police may also arrest you upon the said FIR.

Nitin Goklani

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles