Complaint against boy's family for dowry demands

Dear Experts, I (boy)had engagement in Dec, 2017 and mutually agreed to marriage function in Nov 2018. Meanwhile, they ( from girl side) started behaving rudely and told that we shall not have marriage with you. After some times when we asked to exchange the some gifts like clothes and ring they denied to take, from girl side they told you have to marry but I denied due rude behaviours form the girl and their families, then they they are threatening that if you will not marry, a case will be filed for breaking the engagement for demand of dowry. They have the photographs of marriage in which around 10-12 person from each side was present at her home. She had also accessed the bank account no of my brother which was shared by mediator (a realatives). She is working in another state and I'm in another state. I am working in public sector bank and she wants to make my job loose by filing FIR. she is not ready take back her gifts. An FIR can make my and my life hell. Please advise.

Answers (1)

Don't worry no fir will be registered against you or your family. This is india it's nothing but breach of agreement at the most they can gile civil suit for recovery of damages. If there behaviour is such then there is no fun in marrying such a girl your life will be made hell so don't go for such a alliance be brave and say do whatever you like i will see to it

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

One friend of mine has filed a written complaint to police on the regarding some things which have been missing after a party that we did together. N…

Read More

i want to file a complaint in the bar council at karnataka / bangalore against an advocate. He took money in advance and never showed up at the hearin…

Read More

I have borrow 2 lakes with 10 rs interest nd paid after that again I borrowed 150000 nd 50000 I given blank checks nd promissory note in 2012 I paid u…

Read More

One renter was leaving in my furnished flat but we don't have registered rent agreement, only written terms on stamp paper signed by me and the re…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue