Clarification regarding legal rights of minor to sue any person

can minor kids sue their divorced deserting mother under DV Act, for maintenance/ financial rights, who (mother) obtained divorce on false criminal complaint against father and taking away the family investments made by their father for better future of kids like jwellry made out of PF account of father, other funds

Answers (2)

yes minor child can also sue for the maintance if mother is earning and more over when she has taken the divorce on false and friveolus ground through the next friend. The cruelty done by the divorced wife with malafide intention has to prooved and moreover father can also file a suit for the custody of the child.....moreover it depends on facts ad circumstances

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear Sir/ Mam,
The Position of Minor In Indian Law is very clear. but in your context, you are telling that the mother after taking divorce she taken away all the family instruments which are for the benefit of the kids.
they can sue their mother for maintenance and for other expenses. not for the father's account activity.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
26 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

21st jan my parents went for shopping to sarkari bhandar and won a coupon we collected it from andheri west and attended a 90 min session they offered…

Read More

A major boy named  persuaded/ enticed/forced a minor girl to elope with him. he eloped with minor girl from harakhauli village in deoria district…

Read More

I Sold my car in July 2015 to a person called Omprakash. I got all the paper work done. Transfer of ownership got done smoothly. Car is under om praka…

Read More

Dear legal experts, My father in law has been selling out all the properties acquired from his father without my husband's knowledge. When asked w…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue