Clarification on surety for bail when NBW is issued

is surety needed for accused in criminal case when summon issued? OR when NBW is issued?

Answers (2)

Hi.... sureties are required on the basis of case which you have. If offences are grievious in nature then you have to furnish surety after receiving summons from the court. In nbw stage surety is not required.
Thank you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Surety is needed when you are obtaining bail
But when the summons are issued you have to go and appear before the court and then obtain bail , while obtaining bail you need to furnish surity !
Same is applicable in NBW ..

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Can high court reject interim bail on date after that can we apply again for bail In this case main person get perment bail.…

Read More

Bail is granted and we are been asked to submit one or more solvency (50000) And my problem is that we are not getting any surety what can we do in th…

Read More

My friend want to apply for anticipatory bail and the person who is giving the surety has photocopy of the property paper only which are attested by n…

Read More

Hello, My husband's elder uncle has sold the parental property without informing us as well as his younger brother. So we filled case against them…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue