Clarification on filing of charge sheet

The above subjected case is filed against six members as suspect of fireing the house . This case was filed on 30nov 2017 . I need to know for how many days is needed for that six person to get bail and within how many days should the charge sheet should be filed, what happens if the charge sheet is not filed within the given time span

Answers (2)

Sir, The Police Investigation Officer has to file within 3 months from the date of First Information Report. If the Police Investigation Officer not submit charge sheet in time, then the accused have option to get bail or insist to Court to dismiss the case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

1. Here you did not mention that under which sections case got filed. You can discuss with me the FIR copies

2. Considering just the charges of firing the house, all accused should have gotten bail already. You can discuss with you current lawyer. In case, if your lawyer not updating the information then change the advocate.

3. The charge sheet should be filed with in 90 days of date of FIR is filed. But, police can take more time In case if there are delay in investigation.

4. If the charge sheet not filed in the said period then all accused can be acquitted by the court. Please co-ordinate with your lawyer for more information on this.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

sir i have been provisionally selected for bank job and as a part of this there is a mandatory police verification.during my college days i have stand…

Read More

Q: Is any law in india for coupon ticket selling by the NGO for Crowdfunding ?? Q: if yes what should i do for getting Permission ?? i am a ngo board …

Read More

A girl has files a false complained under sec 376/506, she said she has some photographs as well as audio recordings of promise of merriage, in her FI…

Read More

Sir My name is included in a complain case. The case type is complain case. Will i face problem in getting govt. Job like ias,ifs etc? If yes then wha…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue