Can wife sue husband for data theft in case he read the messages

I seek your advice on the below issue. if a husband has read messages on a wife's phone and found that she has very badly abused husband's parents while chatting with her mother and friends and also there are great evidences which prove her cruelty and the husband forwards these messages to his email. husband really upset after reading the messages and files a divorce in court presenting all these evidences in court. can the wife accuse husband of data theft though the information ws transferred from a common laptop that they both used while they lived together under one roof. What are the legal implications of this?

The wife cannot accuse her husband of data theft though the information was transferred from a common laptop that they both used while they lived together under one roof. He will definitely used the info against the wife in the divorce proceedings. What the wife will have to prove is that the said info will not amount to cruelty. Now your problem will be to prevent the divorce from happening. Forget about taking action against the husband for theft of data. If you are in Chennai you can contact me for further advice and assistance.