Can wife file for DV case after living separately for 13 years ?

I am Hindu by religion and my wife is living separate since 1999 and she filed domestic violence case in 2012.. divorce is pending in high Court . Can she file any complaint against me. ?

Answers (2)

183 votes

how come the divorce is pending in High Court as the District Judge of the district suppose to adjudicate the matter. Yet if the wife is living seperately then it is difficult for her to prove the allegation of domestic violence. rest is depend upon the fact and circumstances of the case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

84 votes

No domestic violence case can be filed only within one year which is the limitation under the act.Since the act came into force subsequently I.e in the year 2005, the limitation has to be counted beginning with 2005 and ending in the year 2006

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles