Can police officer on duty on ground of suspicion search any person

01-Jul-2023 (In Criminal Law)
My query is related to police officers were standing nearby road and me with my friends also standing there police officer on ground of suspicion search me and found me with fake currency and thereafter arrested me for offence u/s 498A and 498B ipc , Can police officers search any person before arresting me and before registering FIR on ground of suspicion if so under which section law give right to search any person before FIR and before making lawful arrest person
Answers (4)

Answer #1
937 votes
kindly check and confirm the sections you mentioned above. it may be section 489A and section 489B.
if the sections are which I mentioned then yes police officers may arrest a person without an order from magistrate and without a warrant under section 41 of crpc. only on ground of reasonable suspension etc. because these above mentioned sections punishable with life imprisonment, or 10 year imprisonment and fine.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Answer #2
500 votes
Okay I understand your query we will help you and you can connect with me for further information regarding the same if the FIR was registered then you have Share with me after that I will advice you properly. Have to find loopholes in this regards
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
553 votes
498a ipc is cruelty by husband or in-laws seems you got wrong facts of your case. We need the copy of FIR against you which police have registered !
Kindly b in touch to understand the legalities
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
869 votes
before any search by the police there has to be a search warrant issued in the name of the person. The police by itself cannot search a person arbitrarily. the case of 498A is in respect to cruelty against woman in matrimonial house. I do not understand how 498A was implemented
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."