Can I take any legal action if a boy made a false promise of marriage

19-Apr-2023 (In Criminal Law)
I was in a relationship with this guy..He promised me that he will marry me. But his mother refused and then he bailed out on me. He got married with someone else. We got involved physically. Is there any law to help me out?
Answers (1)

Answer #1
841 votes
Absolutely, its Rape by definition, he promised to marry you and bailed out after physically getting involved. Your first course of action would be to go to Mahila police station of your city and lodge a complaint. The law will take it's own course.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."