can i file case against someone who filed false case against me

I gave someone some money some time back and took cheque from him and when the cheque bounced I filed cheque bounce. the other party lodged 420 and other cheating charges against me. lower court gave me 2 years punishment. district court allowed my appeal. Now I am acquitted. Can I now file cases against the person for mental harassment and torture that I went through?

Answers (1)

96 votes

Yes you can claim damages for harassment or file defamation .,., remaining details will be subject to the facts of both cases I.e. What was the outcome/order of the cheque bounce case and on which grounds and evidence the other party succeed to prove 420 against you.,.,

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles