Can a girl force a boy to marry her without his will

hi my boyfriend is getting harrassed by his ex-girlfriend to marry her even though he tried to explain her that he is not interested in her. my doubt is if she file the case against him ,he can be forced to marry her please suggest

Answers (2)

321 votes

No your boyfriend cannot be forced to marry his ex girlfriend against his consent. No case lies on ur boyfriend for being in a past relationship with her . How ever if they had some sort of economic relationship while in relationship she can definitely file IPC sec 420 ( cheating case ) the details are not clear specific advice cannot be given.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

301 votes

If both are majors, she can not force him to marry. If they have any physical relation he has to marry. Now a days youth do wrongs and create a big headache to their parents. Yes. If she feels she was cheated she can file a case against the boy.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles