Can a case while is still ongoing be transferred to another court

498 case is running from 3 years at the courr of Bhimadolu Village , West Godawari, Andhra Pradesh ...since A1 became sick and A2 - his mother is old age, is there any possibility to transfer the case from there to Hyderbad High Court or Ranga Reddy District court?

Answers (3)

219 votes

In general, in 498A case is not transferable by virtue of it being a criminal case.
However you can ask the high court to quash the case if you have strong reasons to believe the case is a false one.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

267 votes


Yes. The case may be transferred from West Godavari District to the concerned court of jurisdiction under Ranga Reddy District limits. For this, you need to file transfer petition in High Court at Hyderabad and seek transfer of the case. The High Court will transfer the case and also grant stay in the proceedings pending before the magistrate court at Bhimadolu till the disposal of the transfer petition.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
240 votes

usually the case is depends upon the where the offence committed but in the case of 498A and other cases it will be at the residence of the victim and you can seek the Honourable High court of andhra pradesh to dispense your presence by conveying the difficulties

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles