Appeal to court to start hearing as hearing not started for 12 years

There is a case (420, 12B) filed in November 2004. There was arrest and bail in 29 days. Police submitted the case in July 2017 almost after 12 and half years of the FIR. As the police could not arrest or interrogate other co-accused they mentioned in the charge sheet as they will submit additional charge sheet later after interrogating those. I want to know your advise whether we can appeal to the judge for waiting and not starting the hearing as other accused are missing in the police charge sheet which is incomplete in nature. Also we want to know how you assess the case as the police took 12.5 years to file an incomplete charge sheet.

Answers (1)

153 votes

file a writ petition as in action of the police for filing charge sheet/ delay and court will give direction/orders to the concern police.
Writ or Order or Direction, particularly one in nature of Writ of Mandamus,
questioning the inaction on the part of the Respondents 1 and 2 in investigating
the Crime Registered in F.I.R. dated on the file of
and under section156(3) Cr.PC and filing the final report (charge sheet)
under Section 173 of Cr.PC, as arbitrary, illegal, unfair, unjust and violation of
Article 14 of Constitution of India, and consequently to direct the 2 nd Respondent
to complete the investigation and file the final report immediately in the interest of

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles