Allegations against husband & sister in law as in extra marital affair

Hi  Im writing ths for my working in dubai in my company i got one visa n i took my sisterinlaw to my office.after few months i noticed that she s in a relationship with IT guy who s coming to our offc.i told her its not gud after few months my brthr also warned her.after so many issues came now she s in india now she s telling i beat her did not gave food.they are trying to put all falls in me n file case on her husband .. please advise

Answers (4)

144 votes

Dear Ma'am, Thank you for choosing me as your council and i will try to answer your query in most cordial manner. Ma'am your brother have two options i.e. 1st Divorce and 2nd File a Adultery case against the person who is in relationship with his wife. Before they (wife) file a case , you should file a divorce case on grounds of adultery and cruelty. collect all the evidences against the wife and be ready for a court case. Keep one thing in mind, no matter what intimidating ways your sister in laws try, never take any rash decision and especially any violent step. At present your case is strong and try to take advantage of this situation.If there is no chance of reconciliation between husband and wife, then simply take divorce and start a new life. Ma'am your safe in these situation until you are in Dubai. I hope your query is answered and if i have misunderstood your query then please revert back.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

152 votes

You may try to procure the photographs, chats, etc of an illicit relationship between a sister-in-law and IT guy, which can help you at the time of trial. On this sole ground, your brother also seeks a divorce from your sister-in-law.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
341 votes

Prima Facie i think the charges that have been laid down against you in the FIR by the Police can be of CRUELTY i.e. under section 498 A of IPC and of Hurt and Grievous Hurt i.e. under section 323 and 325 respectively. From which section 323 and 325 are bailable but the offence committed under section 498 A is non-bailable. therefore, please send me the copy of FIR if you can do so, so that i can see it and advise you accordingly and more properly.

Second thing, as according to your query, your bother can file a counter FIR mentioning that his wife has committed the offence of adultery that comes under section 497 of IPC, with a person who was coming to your office. According to Indian law the wife cannot be punished in this case as an abettor but the other person with whom she was in a relation will be punished. And because the offence of adultery is always committed against the husband it can also be a good ground for taking divorce.

For more detailed advise you can contact me through my mail id or my phone no.

161 votes

So I believe you took tour sister in law to Dubai and later found out about her extra marital affair. She’s now trying to trap you in false cases. I would like to know are you still in Dubai , can you get any proof to prove that she was having an extra marital affair. You can file a complaint or blackmailing against her. Plz contact me for further advise

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles