Action against assault & rape attempt after 5 years of the incident

So, my friend came out to me and informed me that she was sexually assaulted (tried to be kissed and gropped) by a guy when she was in 7th std. But was afraid to come out with it till now, what action can she take against him, and can she do anything about it after five years of the incident?

Answers (1)

309 votes

May be your case is genuine... Bt when you will approach police station police may ask you several question regarding delaying in registration of FIR... Which will be benefiting the accused to get free fom clutches of law. I'm sure you guys can't produce past evidence such.... However don't think much go ahead approach police station and file the FIR against the accused under pocso act

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles