Action against assault & rape attempt after 5 years of the incident

So, my friend came out to me and informed me that she was sexually assaulted (tried to be kissed and gropped) by a guy when she was in 7th std. But was afraid to come out with it till now, what action can she take against him, and can she do anything about it after five years of the incident?

May be your case is genuine... Bt when you will approach police station police may ask you several question regarding delaying in registration of FIR... Which will be benefiting the accused to get free fom clutches of law. I'm sure you guys can't produce past evidence such.... However don't think much go ahead approach police station and file the FIR against the accused under pocso act