87 years old medically operated man sentenced for 6 months jail term

My Grandfather in law use to run grocery shop in Satara. Food officer filed a adulteration case against him 25yrs back. He is 87 yrs now and got operated for hip replacement 15 days back. Satara court have sentenced him 6 months of jail with some financial penalty . He is so week he will not be able to sustain the Jail term. He is financially very week and is not willing to take any support. Please can you guide me what are the legal options I have to keep him at home.

Answers (1)

208 votes

Thankyou for your email.

There is no exemption in imposing punishment or following the prescribed rule for being a senior citizen. The court considers the fact that the accused is a senior citizen and normally allows concession and/ or award minimum prescribed punishment terms. There is no provision to grant relaxation/ exemption to a senior citizen while taking him to custody as per law but you can always file bail in the court taking plea of health condition and eventually take this matter forward.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

One of my relative has been arrested and is in jail since saturday. He kidnapped an 11 years old child and asked for ransom, but after a while he retu…

Read More

My elder brother is serving life imprisonment under section of IPC 364 (A) & 120 (B) at Indore central jail, Madhya Pradesh for over 12 years can …

Read More

If a person is accused of attempt to murder then is it required for him to stay in jail during his trial in court?…

Read More

Sir, My father is currently in jail for a week against the crime of discharging waste water of etp plant, and sec 468 is also applied for faulty docum…

Read More