What can be the maximum duration of a lease agreement

Our company (pvt. Ltd) is considering to take a 9 acre land for lease for 250 years. Is that period 250 years legally OK? This is in the state of Andhra Pradesh(India). explain, in-detailed. Thanks SP

if the lease period is more than 11 months section 18 of the AP Registration Act attracts and the period even to the life of party is there if the said deed is must be registered then only it is valid or else the lease could be terminated at the option of land lord

Your company can take the 9 acre land for lease on perpetual lease.
In a perpetual lease, the lease period can be for 99 years.
Renewal of lease in case of perpetual lease will solely vest with the lessee(company).
The lease deed shall also contain specific clause of non termination by lessor, heritable rights etc to constitute a perpetual lease.

Popular Corporate Lawyers

New Friends Colony, Delhi