Legal notice by employer for on spot resignation. Need help

Hi,I was working in a start up company in Bangalore & worked there for 3 months. During my tenure, I was not satisfied with work culture & work timings was 10:00 to 08:30 when i joined. After I joined I saw office itself opens at 10:30am & was told to work till 09:00pm which I was not comfortable with being a female employee & staying far from the office. I was still working there but i did on spot resignation as they hold a part of August'19 salary without any proper justification, even when I asked in mail they dint respond to me till 15 days. The company is not giving me my pay slips for the months I worked inspite of asking it repeatedly. Now the company has sent me legal notice to pay them 10lakhs as penalty for giving employment opportunity & 38,000 as notice period pay back. They have not given me any appointment letter when joined nor any offer letter. Just an employee handbook with HR policy was signed without job designation, salary details or date of joining. What should I d

Question agreement between you and the company. Kindly the notice received by you issued by the company or by a lawyer.
The law is very clear that the company cannot ask you to pay smh amount unless they have provided any training during the course of employment. They also cannot restrict you from joining any other company or refrain from handing over relieving letter.
You have the option of sending them a legal notice. There is no need to pay any amount as it’s a extortion tactic used by company’s.

Popular Corporate Lawyers