quesLand given as collateral security to bank. Bank asking to convert land

Greetings of the Day!! We are running a Ltd company and for business purpose taken loan from a nationalized bank with the Collateral security of land. Land is located just adjacent to Resident Colony and is within 8 Kms of Municipality. The land is vacant and not used for any agricultural purpose for last 6 years. At the time of purchase it was registered as Agricultural land. Now the bank people asking for conversion of land as Non agricultural land. Is conversation is required ? Thanks in advance.

  • ans

    Your query is silent on the place where the land is situated.

    The Land Revenue Act differs from state to state. As per the normal procedure, if the land is being used for non agricultural purposes (Residential / Commercial / Industrial / Others) then you will have to convert the land as per the procedure prescribed by the respective state Land Revenue Act.

    The owner or the legal entity of the land has to make an application, to the competent Revenue Authority (Tahsildar or the Assistant Commissioner or the Deputy Commissioner, as the case may be, depending on the area to be converted). 

    The revenue authority request the Department of Town and Country Planning for issue of No Objection Certificate or opinion for conversion of land for various uses (Residential / Commercial / Industrial / Others).


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Corporate lawyers in India

Similar questions

Can one company while entering into contract with another company ask for a certain person…
The High Court Calcutta on February, 2013 passed a judgment to wind - up Dunlop…
can a practicing lawyer become a shareholder of a business. can a practicing lawyer become…
Hi, I am a full time permanent employee of a product based IT company in…

Corporate Lawyers in India

Dr. Sudhir Ravindran

 Experience: 18 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly