quesINCREMENT or Promotion for Maternity Duration?

Hi, I have availed maternity benefit for 5 months last year (feb till july). Recently the reviews were done in our company for last year (Jan to Dec). All the employees got increment. I feel I was due for promotion as I am oldest employee in team and my other team mate already got promotion when i was on maternity leaves (last year). I have not received any increment or promotion this year. Is it violation of Maternity Benefit act by my employer? Can i ask my employer for hike as it is done for all others.?

  • ans

    Yes, you can ask the employer for the hike, if they fail to give you the same you can file a complaint before the Laour Court and seek directions.

  • Create A Partnership Deed With Help of Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Corporate Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Corporate lawyers in India

Similar questions

We are a small private limited company engaged in food processing. We haven't started production…
i have been living past 23 years for the same place with family,in my home…
What will happen when Dpcc sealed illegal factory? Is there any kind of punishment or…
One share holder has left us and we have paid him via pdcs out of…

Corporate Lawyers in India

Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

 Experience: 17 years

Dr. Sudhir Ravindran

 Experience: 18 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>