×

quesINCREMENT or Promotion for Maternity Duration?

Hi, I have availed maternity benefit for 5 months last year (feb till july). Recently the reviews were done in our company for last year (Jan to Dec). All the employees got increment. I feel I was due for promotion as I am oldest employee in team and my other team mate already got promotion when i was on maternity leaves (last year). I have not received any increment or promotion this year. Is it violation of Maternity Benefit act by my employer? Can i ask my employer for hike as it is done for all others.?

Yes, you can ask the employer for the hike, if they fail to give you the same you can file a complaint before the Laour Court and seek directions.

• Create A Partnership Deed With Help of Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Corporate Legal Services