Importance of Legal Page on a Web Portal

I am starting a web portal, and I have few questions about Legal page How important to have such page? I have created such a page, do I need to get it attested from some authority in order to get its cover? Or just putting it on website will do the Job? Please reply Thanks.

Answer

Please specify what do you mean by legal page? Please clarify the same, so that we can provide you exact legal solution.

Normally most of the e-commerce website has certain legal terms and conditions. These terms and condition sets the rules for using a website.

If you are gathering user’s personal data, then you are required to have a stated Privacy Policy. Terms and Conditions may not be required by law, but it’s still a smart thing to include. These pages can limit your liability as if a customer take you to court, as well as protect your rights to the content contained in your website. Considering a court will look at your website terms to determine the contractual terms between you and the customer, you’ll want to take this page seriously enough for it to hold up in court. The specific content included in Terms and Conditions varies based on your business and website type. It is suggested that you get the same drafted by a lawyer.

With respect to your second query, you do not need any authority to attest the same.

Popular Corporate Lawyers