quesHow to receive remuneration for work in India for a foreign company?

I work as a Software Consultant. My colleague's friend from UK, wants me to work for an on-line IT project, in my free time. He says that he will pay me hourly for that. He told me that I cannot receive the money in my name, so wants me to register a company in India, in my wife's name and he will transfer the money to that company account. Is it legal to receive the money in that way? If not, then what is the legal way to receive the money from a foreign company, for the IT services offered.

  • ans

    Your query reflects that he wants to make your wife one of the directors in company. As per the Company Act 2002 , a private limited company must have a minimum of two Directors and can have a maximum of seven Directors.

    It is recommended that atleast one Director be an Indian Citizen and Indian Resident, while the other Board members can be of any nationality or residency. So it might be possible that intend to make her one of the directors. Please confirm the same.  

    This is one of the option, however you have to bear in mind the directors have certain responsibility and liabilities incase company defaults.

    The other way is that you can execute an service level agreement in your wife name and receive payment in her name

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Corporate lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am a public company and I have pending summary suit and arbitration matter against…
What are some legal aspects to keep in the mind for creating a news aggregator…
We started business with a partner in 2010, where we were the financing party and…
Dear Sir/Madam, Me and my 3 Friend's planned to do start-up partnership business, but now…

Corporate Lawyers in India

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

Dr. Sudhir Ravindran

 Experience: 18 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly