Employer paying less salary than agreed upon

Hi, I am an individual of 25+. I am currently working in kolkata in a call centre for the last 4 months but in the second month only I had a discrepancy in my salary(I was not paid for 3 working days).I reported to the H.R and my line manager and they said it will be deposited in the coming months salary,Again this month it is the same issue(I have a discrepancy of Rs 1000. Its becoming very harassing as I am an outstation candidate and it becomes difficult for me to pay the bills.I have tried talking but what i get in return is a (I am busy,I will do it later).Plz advise.

Answers (2)

313 votes


Please let us know whether you have made your representation in written form? Whether the HR have given you reason for such deduction. If no reasons has been provided you may have a chance of suing your employer for repeated violation of payment of wages. You also have your right of full wages if you have provided your dedicated hours of work according to Shops and Establishment Act, even if some unreasonable reasons are given by your employer for deducting your lawful claim.

You please note that when your employer is avoiding your lawful claim of wages it may be possible that such money are used in other personal benefits of another, which are of coarse deprivation of your hard earned money. When repeated deductions are done without any reason, it may be possible that it is done purposefully to extract money from the wages allocated by your company.

In the present case you may file a complaint in Labour Court claiming your dues along with interest. But before that an Advocates Notice may make your employer aware of the consequences of the deliberate mistake they are making.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

241 votes

Warm salutations and respects to you and your dear ones,

Employment law is yet to be developed in India as we are competing with China. In matters of business process outsourcing centres, since we are competing with Phillipines, the Committees for executive payments are stressed out. There are various options of registering grievance withing the Company found within the Standard operating procedures of HR Manual.

Without further details i will not be able to comment.

Assuring of our best services,
Chandraneel Vakil

Popular Corporate Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
8 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles