Does Company name change result into ineligibility ?

Hello Sir, Suppose a company participate a govt tender, after they won because they are eligible in terms of technical qualification. This company has formed in 1980 as per ROC document. Now they approached same govt office that ki they have changed company name from to xyz system pvt ltd(Roc register this company in 2010). I have got this info through rti. now govt department has given all payment & work order to xyz system pvt ltd. but they are not eligible in any manner. what i have do ? if any suggestion

Answers (2)

229 votes

Your question was not primarily clear but my assessment is that if you think that xyz company was given tender wrongfully and you were the one eligible then you can file a writ in the high court to seek a direction for re-evaluating the tender process. The course of action can be decided after perusal of all the documents related to the matter.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

82 votes

Please note change of name by operation of law I.e. merger or transfer of business or mere application to change name if endorsed in 2010 then you would not get any benefit.
If a company (xyz) which has participated in tender and it still exists then other participating tenderer can raise the flag and question the tendering process bias and unfair...

Popular Corporate Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
8 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles