Is it mandatory to be present in the court if parties ready to settle

In Trademark & Copyright Law
my Company received a notice as well as summon for using a logo which is already registered trademark in the name of some other Company. And that company send us a summon of high court directing us to appear in the court alongwith written statement. The directors of my company are agreed to use some other Logo on all places including our website, letterhead, office premises, visiting card etc. kindly guide us whether we need to go court?

Dear Sir:

Can you pl. provide details on the following:

1. The Company which send you the notice - what is the industry of business ?
2. What your industry of your business ?
3. How long have you being using this logo ? When did they register the trade mark for their company ?
4. Does the company have their head office in India ?

Based on these details, I may be able to provide you specific direction.

Regards,
Jeevan T.

Popular Trademark & Copyright Lawyers