Cancellation of registration of designs under S. 19 of Designs Act.

Under section 19 of the Designs Act 2000, the controller has been given the power to (i) cancel a design registration or (ii) refer the matter to High Court. Does the High Court have the power to cancel the registration in the first instance, without the matter being referred to it by the controller?

Now this is not a place where a yes or a no can be said. I would like to have more information on this matter hence would like to hear more on this from you so we can get to some kind of a closure. Hence, please find my email and act accordingly.

Popular Trademark & Copyright Lawyers