Procedure to sue a courier company

I had sent a courier dated 23.01.2017 from Jaipur to Bangalore through DTDC Courier service. Even after many telephonic and email follow ups, DTDC yet has not delivered the same. Can I sue against them? I have the courier docket receipt, all email follow ups, etc.

Answer

So first of all you serve them with a legal notice through a lawyer then file case in consumer forum. You can file a consumer complaint against the courier company and its franchisee either in Jaipur or Bangalore as at both places cause of action had arisen but please make sure your receiver has not signed any acknowledgement stating that he has received parcel in good condition otherwise they can deny your claim.

In a recent ruling it had been held that the courier company and its agents are liable to compensate the complainant. In this case the complainant had handed over a letter to the agent of the courier company to be delivered to the addressee much before Raksha Bandhan. However, the letter was neither delivered nor returned. Turning down the defence of the opposite parties, the Commission directed them to pay Rs 2,500 as compensation for mental agony suffered by the complainants plus Rs 2,000 as costs. 

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore