Procedure to sue a courier company

I had sent a courier dated 23.01.2017 from Jaipur to Bangalore through DTDC Courier service. Even after many telephonic and email follow ups, DTDC yet has not delivered the same. Can I sue against them? I have the courier docket receipt, all email follow ups, etc.


So first of all you serve them with a legal notice through a lawyer then file case in consumer forum. You can file a consumer complaint against the courier company and its franchisee either in Jaipur or Bangalore as at both places cause of action had arisen but please make sure your receiver has not signed any acknowledgement stating that he has received parcel in good condition otherwise they can deny your claim.

In a recent ruling it had been held that the courier company and its agents are liable to compensate the complainant. In this case the complainant had handed over a letter to the agent of the courier company to be delivered to the addressee much before Raksha Bandhan. However, the letter was neither delivered nor returned. Turning down the defence of the opposite parties, the Commission directed them to pay Rs 2,500 as compensation for mental agony suffered by the complainants plus Rs 2,000 as costs. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I got the cell phone message that my case is listed on ××× date in thane court, Kindly confirm is that means my case hearing will be…

Read More

I had booked a flat in Sunworld Arista Sector 168 Noida in the year 2013. The BBA indictaes the completion as March 2016. The project is getting delay…

Read More

Appeal filed before State commission with a delay of 67 days without any reason, the state commission has dismissed the delay petition and rejected th…

Read More closed my account, they claim violate their policies and have a linked account that was closed for violating its policies, but really are w…

Read More