PG owner not returning security deposite and falsely accusing for thef

dear lawyer, I am a student and Deep pg in noida is not returning my security deposite. I left pg 1 month ago and not visited yet. i have signed reciept from owner but he is not responding so i wrote reviews on social plateforms. Now pg owner falsely accusing me for stealing wi fi router on social media. no legal action taken by both parties yet. Kindly guide me about matter i will be so thankful to you.

Answers (2)

221 votes

Hello Sir.. If you are having valid reciept of security deposit, wherein details about security amount is furnished, then you can take a legal action against him.. Also you can take a legal action pertaining to defamation as details of stealing of router is published in social media and hence it is a case of defamation.. I think you must send a legal notice to him..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

157 votes

First ask you parents/guardians to request to PG for the returning of the security deposit,if no solution arrives,then lodge a police complaint,police will initiate proper action as per the provisions of law.
Thank You

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles