Hotel booking once confirmed online room denied when reached hotel

Hi booked a hotel via make my trip and got confirmed voucher. Called make my trip for the confirmation of the booking which they confirmed. when I reached the hotel along with my wife nd kid at late night around 11:49PM. Hotel denied to provide any room. Me nd my wife was very much worried as we were in new city. It was an online booking where I made payment in advance. Now I want compensation for the trouble and risk we had. Can any body confirm how much compensation I can expect from company like make my trip

Answers (2)

The compensation will depend on the following factors: 1. The amount you paid for the Hotel. 2. Any refund which you may have gotten. 3. Any alternate accomodation provided to you. 4. Purpose of your visit to the 'new city'. 5. Response of the Hotel. 6. Response of Make My Trip. The compensation may range from thousands to lacs depending on these factors. Kindly contact for proceeding with the claim.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

As per consumer protection act you may go to District Forum for claim amount upto 20 lakhs. The law doesn’t mention anything about the extent of compensation that can be claimed. However courts/ forums generally apply multipliers which will take care of the damages/injury suffered by the claimant. Furthermore emphasis is also put on the security of the complainant. So if there was danger to the life of claimant the quantum of damages increase, accordingly.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Consumer Dispute Advice Session by Phone

4.6 | 77 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your consumer dispute issue
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.5 | 16 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Notice for Faulty Product / Services

4.4 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Similar questions

Hi, I started Using Tikona Broadband on 14 April 2017 and since i purchased it I had hardly used it for few hours. Every since first day it did not wo…

Read More

meri mother or mera rd account shara india mai tha jiska time period september 2016 mai pura ho chuka h lekin uski payment mujhey abhi tak nhi mile h …

Read More

I was using vodafone postpaid SIM. then I cancel it since I dont use the SIM and also I received the mail from vodafone that it got disconnected but I…

Read More

My friend had agreed to sell off her kidney due to financial crisis and hence signed the invoices and completed all the documentations to new life hos…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue