Hotel booking once confirmed online room denied when reached hotel

Hi booked a hotel via make my trip and got confirmed voucher. Called make my trip for the confirmation of the booking which they confirmed. when I reached the hotel along with my wife nd kid at late night around 11:49PM. Hotel denied to provide any room. Me nd my wife was very much worried as we were in new city. It was an online booking where I made payment in advance. Now I want compensation for the trouble and risk we had. Can any body confirm how much compensation I can expect from company like make my trip

The compensation will depend on the following factors: 1. The amount you paid for the Hotel. 2. Any refund which you may have gotten. 3. Any alternate accomodation provided to you. 4. Purpose of your visit to the 'new city'. 5. Response of the Hotel. 6. Response of Make My Trip. The compensation may range from thousands to lacs depending on these factors. Kindly contact for proceeding with the claim.

As per consumer protection act you may go to District Forum for claim amount upto 20 lakhs. The law doesn’t mention anything about the extent of compensation that can be claimed. However courts/ forums generally apply multipliers which will take care of the damages/injury suffered by the claimant. Furthermore emphasis is also put on the security of the complainant. So if there was danger to the life of claimant the quantum of damages increase, accordingly.