Gave phone for minor repairs but he damaged it completely

I gave my phone for repair to a nearby shop. The problem was battery and screen replacement was needed. He damaged the motherboard of my phone and did not return the phone till many days later when i had to leave the city. Besides, there were screws missing. The entire cost would be 4200. The motherboard costs 8600 alone and he did not fix the phone. Can I implicate him for damage to private property?

Kindly file case before consumer forum for your relief and make the seller as party . Whether you have acknowledgment for giving your phone for repair and he has not return taking all necessary documents you have to claim before forum for your relief.