Can we complaint in consumer court for bad behavior of bank staff?

I want to file a case in the consumer forum against the uncivilized behavior of HDFC staff against me. I had taken a loan from HDFC bank last year and I have been regular in repaying my EMI for the past 9 months. But since the last 2 months I was not able to pay this amount and I had requested the concerned person in the branch that the pending amount will be paid in the next month.


But this lady from the bank who had been tracking me on and off called me one day and started abusing. In return I abused back. I have a recording of the same with me and I want to file a case against them.




You can file a criminal complaint and registered an FIR U/s 506 IPC for criminal intimidation against the bank. They cannot threat you or abuse you like this. At best they can initiate a civil suit against you.


The option available to you is of filing a consumer case against the bank. This consumer complaint has to be filed in the district consumer court. You can claim damages as well as compensation from the civil court.


With respect to the procedure for filing a consumer complaint, you can visit the website which lists out the format for filing a consumer complaint. Your complaint has to be filed in the District Forum by payment of a fee and in writing with a minimum of 5 copies.


However, it is suggested that you engage an Advocate to represent your case in a better manner.


Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice for Faulty Product / Services

4.4 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Consumer Dispute Advice Session by Phone

4.6 | 77 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your consumer dispute issue
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.5 | 16 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Similar questions

I got a electricity bill of 7000 units but my average is around 1000 units and when I asked about this from the electricity board they told that your …

Read More

We had a life time membership which was converted into annual without our approval. Club took permission from Delhi high court. On asking for under wh…

Read More

Iam working in a company wherein my job type is to provide support to the I got a news thta one customer raised an fir aganist me,I rem…

Read More

Car engine damaged during transport due to car being driven instead of carriage by a carrier. Forged car papers to avoid toll taxes. Agarwal packers a…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue