Can we complaint in consumer court for bad behavior of bank staff?

I want to file a case in the consumer forum against the uncivilized behavior of HDFC staff against me. I had taken a loan from HDFC bank last year and I have been regular in repaying my EMI for the past 9 months. But since the last 2 months I was not able to pay this amount and I had requested the concerned person in the branch that the pending amount will be paid in the next month.

But this lady from the bank who had been tracking me on and off called me one day and started abusing. In return I abused back. I have a recording of the same with me and I want to file a case against them.

Answer

You can file a criminal complaint and registered an FIR U/s 506 IPC for criminal intimidation against the bank. They cannot threat you or abuse you like this. At best they can initiate a civil suit against you.

The option available to you is of filing a consumer case against the bank. This consumer complaint has to be filed in the district consumer court. You can claim damages as well as compensation from the civil court.

With respect to the procedure for filing a consumer complaint, you can visit the website which lists out the format for filing a consumer complaint. Your complaint has to be filed in the District Forum by payment of a fee and in writing with a minimum of 5 copies.

However, it is suggested that you engage an Advocate to represent your case in a better manner.