Amazon's defective product sent back returned back & no refund

I bought an item from Amazon which arrived in a non-working state. I asked for a return and was given a return label and number for the return. I sent the item back on the 10th of January and it was returned back to me today with the note from the post office that Amazon refused to accept the package. The package had been opened and resealed using tape that is different from the one I used before being returned. Now Amazon is refusing to give me a refund unless I resend the package incurring inconvenience a second time and the expense of postage a second when their postage refund policy is only Rs. 100 per item returned that too via a cheque and not in the bank account. I have already spent more than that on the shipping and I believe my job of returning the package is over once i have sent it. Amazon refuses to acknowledge it and process my refund. What should I do next. I live in a remote location in Uttarkashi and it is a considerable cost and effort for me to return the package.

First send notice/letter to the Amazon through mail narrating all the fact inconvenience caused claiming the refund of the cost of product and also claim for inconvenience and harressrrment. Thereafter file complaint before the Consumer Redress Forum.

Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore