Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Amazon's defective product sent back returned back & no refund

I bought an item from Amazon which arrived in a non-working state. I asked for a return and was given a return label and number for the return. I sent the item back on the 10th of January and it was returned back to me today with the note from the post office that Amazon refused to accept the package. The package had been opened and resealed using tape that is different from the one I used before being returned. Now Amazon is refusing to give me a refund unless I resend the package incurring inconvenience a second time and the expense of postage a second when their postage refund policy is only Rs. 100 per item returned that too via a cheque and not in the bank account. I have already spent more than that on the shipping and I believe my job of returning the package is over once i have sent it. Amazon refuses to acknowledge it and process my refund. What should I do next. I live in a remote location in Uttarkashi and it is a considerable cost and effort for me to return the package.

Answers (1)

First send notice/letter to the Amazon through mail narrating all the fact inconvenience caused claiming the refund of the cost of product and also claim for inconvenience and harressrrment. Thereafter file complaint before the Consumer Redress Forum.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
10 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice for Faulty Product / Services

4.4 | 197 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 1999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Consumer Dispute Advice Session by Phone

4.6 | 77 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your consumer dispute issue
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.5 | 16 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Similar questions

snapdeal they had not refunded my courier charges. What steps should be taken to recover the same?…

Read More

I ravi gupta its my pleasure to talk to you sir i am account holder of idbi bank ltd. On 4th jan 2017 when i was transferring rs 2000 in my father acc…

Read More

Sir i am a college student . Due to health preblems l want to discontinue the study .but the institution is not refunding the money as though the main…

Read More

Hello, I am an Indian passport holder. In completed 3.5 years of my PhD education and recently returned to India, from Australia. I had shipped 100 kg…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue