×

What to do if I have received summon for challan but I lost my DL

I got a summon (5217/17) for challan of overspeeding from Gautam Budh Nagar court. I never did driving in Noida, I live in west delhi. Well, 2 years before I lost my Driving Licence on 05/08/2016. I already did online FIR ( LR No 748521/2016 ) trough Article Lost option in Delhi police website on 08/08/2016. I also inform authority to same apply for re issue DL & they Issued on 08/08/2016. Now I got a summon from District Court Gautam Budh Nagar for over speeding challan (That crime I never did & this is misuse of document) on 24/03/2018 for same day presence in court. What should I do now? Thanks,

Dear,
any law not in country who prohibited a vehicle not running on road without owner . in your matter challan issue for overspeed . its not matter vehicle you drive or not , your vehicle no. trees and challan issue you. if court summon issue your matter almost old two years.

Well..it's sad. I hope You must have appeared with an Advocate and presented all documents in support of your explanation. We without seeing the summons that you received, I can't help you much..only then I can understand you have been summoned for which vehicle and other important things.

Advocate Preeti Joshi
Shaniwar Peth, Pune