Want to correct my Date of birth in school certificates and all the do

In Civil Law
I want to correct my DOB in documents as in birth certificate... My DOB in birth certificate is 24-03-1990 but in all the documents including school certificates its 24-03-1988.. I want to corrrect it to 24-0301990. What the procedure

Answers (2)

274 votes
you have to approach civil court and need to file the suit for changing the date of birth in all your documents and you need to make all your school and secondary education colleges as parties and than file the case

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


128 votes

first you will have to send notice to the concerned educational department including your school where u have studied,

if they change only by receiving notice, thats well and good if not you will have to file declaration suit in District court for correction of date of birth on documents.

for more clarifications.
kindly revert back.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
15 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."