Regarding payment of lift maintenance cost

Respected Sir/ Madam, I have purchased a flat in a small complex in South Kolkata in 2010. The complex has not got Completion Certificate / CC yet and there is no Housing Society. The complex has 2 buildings: Building A has 3 floors and Building B has 4 floors with a Lift. In 2012, CESC took away the Lift's Meter as the power charges were due for long time. Its been 6 years that the lift is left unused. Now we want to repair the lift and arrange power supply for it . But flat owners of Building A has refused to contribute any money since the lift is not in their building. And in Building B , the landlords & flat owners of 1st floor have refused to contribute any money for lift . Please suggest , what is the correct rule :- Q1> Should Building A's flat owners contribute for lift maintenance ? Q2> Is it right that , the landlords and 1st floor owners of Building B won't contribute for lift maintenance ? 

Answers (1)

117 votes

Since there is no formal association or society for the said housing, any rules or regulations is not legally liable to any of the owners or landlords or occupiers. It can only be done by mutual consent

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles