No memo filed later for extension of interlocutory application

I got temporary exparte injunction order. Case is in senior civil court many adjourn dates passed. My lawyer forgotten to file memos for extension of injunction order. Respondents now claiming that no filing of memo means, injunction order is no more in force. My question is every time filing of memo for extension needed or not .kindly refer any judgements relating to this issue in supreme Court

Answers (2)

306 votes

Filing of memo is a custom in some courts . Filing of memo is not actually needed because advocates generally in the injunction petition pray for injunction till further orders . So unless there are any fresh order passed other than injunction . The injunction will be deemed to be in force . However in some courts according to their local practice judges ask for extension memo or petition . There is a judgment of AP High court regarding the same. Hope this helps.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

157 votes

As per law you got temporary injuction order, you should file extension petition each and every adjournment till dispose of interlacuatory petition. but tge court ordered any order agaist your temporary injuctuon order? if answer is yes, the temporarary order not in force.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Anup S Dhannawat
Borivali West, Mumbai
5 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Advocate Vivek Sharma
Govindpuram, Ghaziabad
5 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles